What is the One Nation Intern Program?
This is a 4-week immersive internship program for Certificate holders (L1, L2). The objective of the program is to provide aspiring coaches with the tools needed to properly continue their journey as a professional trainer. We will accomplish this by inspiring, training, and developing potential coaching candidates while instilling the core principles of One Nation.
The Intern program is a progressive learning experience. We are seeking individuals who are passionate and committed to the overall community with the potential of joining our team of One Nation coaches. Interested candidates must have their L1 Certificate, and complete our 1 week Step One coaching development program.
The program involves class observation, feedback, assignments, and eventually, leading full classes. The program is application based, and all candidates must apply.
- The internship is a progressive learning program for coaches who have completed our Step One Coaching Development Program
- The program is volunteer based (there is no compensation for participation)
- All candidates must have a current Level One Certificate
- The program may last up to four weeks based on the candidate’s progress and overall disposition
- The program can be terminated or extended at any time by One Nation
- Weekly schedules depend on intern availability and One Nation (consistent days and times are preferred)
- One Nation will provide guidelines on expectations and responsibilities (all of which must be met to begin/continue the program)
- All candidates must apply
- Candidates will communicate their availability at the outset of the program
- Candidates are responsible for checking in with head coaches and completing all assignments throughout the program
- Candidates must dress, act, and comport in a professional manner at all times
- Candidates are expected to dedicate 2 hours each session
- Arrive 10 minutes before class and check in with your coach
- Observe or assist in hour-long class
- Debrief with coach for 20 minutes after class tackling specific items and getting homework for next session
- Assist at gym for 30 minutes on facility maintenance and community building (tasks assigned daily by coach)
- All of these must be accomplished in order to participate and stay in the program
One Nation Standards – culture and community
Observation of classes – focus on feel and flow
Phase 2: Methodology & Observation II
One Nation Standards – class and coach protocols
Observation of classes – focus on teaching and demonstration
Phase 3: Class Structure & Group Management
One Nation Standards – foundations of effective coaching
Observation of classes – focus on seeing and correcting
Phase 4: Programming & Timeline Analysis
One Nation Standards – presence, attitude and building better classes
Lesson Planning – focus on planning and execution
Creating effective Timelines, scenario analysis (scales, modifications, group management).
Phase 5: Leading a Warm-up & Secondary Class
One Nation Standards – course recap and brining it to life
Practical application – coaching a class
ApplicationAll candidates must apply through email. Candidates must submit the following…
- 100 word statement about interest and motivations for the program
- Resume including all relevant experience
- Personal reference from owner or coach of another gym or previous employer
All materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Intern Program Applicant / Name: (include your name)”
ONE Nation is an equal opportunity employer. Application does not guarantee consideration for an interview. In person interviews will be setup for candidates based on ONE Nation’s review of all materials.